Staying Active During COVID-19
Due to the new circumstances caused by COVID-19, it is not uncommon for individuals to be less active and more ‘sluggish’ than usual. However, staying active is very important for not only physical health but mental health as well!
It is no surprise that there are many physical benefits to regular exercise. Physical benefits include
- managing weight
- reducing high blood pressure
- reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and various cancer
- boosts to the immune system
- improves bone and muscle strength
- increases balance and flexibility.
There are many mental benefits to regular exercise, as well! Mental benefits include:
- decrease risk for depression
- reduced feelings of stress and anxiety
- improves memory and helps with thinking
- improves self-esteem
- regulates sleep patterns
- increases energy levels!
How do I regularly exercise during COVID-19?
The closure of gyms and fitness centers may leave some people unable to complete their normal day to day exercise routines. However, there are plenty of ways to still get a good workout in! Listed below are a few links to great indoor activities!
If you’re worried that your child/children are not as active as they usually are, check out the links below that are full of fun indoor and outdoor activities for kids!
Don’t forget that outside activities like biking, walking, and running are still options! Just make sure to stay physically distanced (6 feet away) from others!